Last Updated: 31st October 2018
Yorkshire Children’s Centre are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations (PECR) 2003.
This policy sets out the basis on which any ‘personal data’ we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by the following party (known as ‘data controllers’):
- Yorkshire Children’s Centre; Registered Charity 288125, private limited company with registration number 1763241 and ICO registration number Z5459259.
Yorkshire Children’s Centre have an appointed Data Protection Officer whom can be contacted via email: DPO@yccuk.org.uk. You can also contact the DPO of Yorkshire Children’s Centre via post or telephone at: Brian Jackson House, New North Parade, Huddersfield, HD1 5JP; 01484 519988.
Yorkshire Children’s Centre, collects and creates personal data for several different purposes.
Recruitment and employment – Performance of a Contract and Legitimate Interests
The legal basis for processing personal data for the purpose of recruitment and employment is the pursuit of the performance of a contract and subsequently in order to fulfil our legal obligations as an employer and our legitimate interest of striving to provide a safe and rewarding work place. We are currently going through a process of setting a retention period for the data we collect. We will update this Privacy Notice in due course with more information on the retention of your data.
Provision of services to our clients – Performance of a Contract and Legal Obligations
The legal basis for processing personal data for the purpose of providing any products/or services to our customers, is either to fulfil our contractual obligations to customers or the pursuit of related legal obligations including maintaining accurate records relating to accounting and finance and monitoring the quality of our services. If we are processing any personal information that is regarded as ‘special category’, this will have been provided to us by another organisation and you should therefore contact the relevant referring party.
We will retain personal information we collect through our service delivery processes for as long as such information is relevant to our service delivery model or as defined in our service delivery contract or as specified in our retention policy.
Marketing and Newsletters – Consent
We are required to obtain consent in a limited number of circumstances from individuals in order to send electronic newsletters by Yorkshire Children’s Centre. We retain evidence of the details of consent from the forms originally filled out by you or when we request consent to send you newsletters.
Where you have given Yorkshire Children’s Centre consent for any service we provide, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any given time by clicking the unsubscribe feature or by contacting our DPO via the details listed in the ‘Contact Details’ section.
Yorkshire Children’s Centre may use your information for other specific legitimate purposes such as:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To process personal information for internal administrative purposes, and when it is necessary to take measures to protect our IT network and data security or to protect ourselves and our supporters from risks to our charity such as fraud, criminal conduct or reputational damage.
- To allow you to participate in the interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms provided by us, or on our website (www.yorkshirechildrenscentre.org.uk) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include:
- Name and address
- Email address
- Telephone numbers
- Age/Date of birth
- Name and age/date of birth of your children
- Name/address of partner(s)/ex-partners
- Special category personal data e.g. ethnicity, religion, sexuality, health
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our web site and the resources that you access.
In some instances, Yorkshire Children’s Centre are required to transfer the personal information provided by its customers to third parties or individuals, when we are obliged to by law or a regulatory order; or to fulfil contractual obligations.
The following are categories of recipients that customer information could be transferred to:
- If you have specifically agreed that we may share your personal information to those third parties or individuals for a particular purpose. For example:
- Referrals to other support services to benefit the family
- We utilise other companies (known as a ‘data processors’) to provide services on our behalf, who are only processing personal information in accordance with our instructions. For example:
- Cloud Storage
- Email Services
- ICT Contractor
- Auditors & Advisors
- Families Forward (Child Contact Services only)
- Women’s Centre (Domestic Abuse Perpetrator Services only)
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group (National Children’s Centre), which means our subsidiaries, and our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will not disclose your information to any of the relevant third parties listed above for marketing purposes.
Our Data Protection Officer can provide you with contact details of all our third parties upon request if required. You can do this by emailing our Data Protection Officer at DPO@yccuk.org.uk.
Yorkshire Children’s Centre store personal data on information systems that require transfer to third countries as follows:
Google Drive – Provides the EU-US Privacy Shield safeguard
In the USA, controls are in place to ensure that the level of protection is not undermined and that security controls are at a level to commensurate with the type of information being transferred. This is applicable to the Email marketing system. Further information is available on the privacy shield web site:
Aside from this, we ensure that all other personal data held on our customers and employees remains within the EEA.
Yorkshire Children’s Centre retains all customer and recruitment information in line with our retention policy unless:
- you ask us to remove it and we are no longer required to retain it
- we believe that you are no longer interested in our charity services
- we no longer need it for the purposes it was collected
After the relevant retention period, information is erased and securely disposed of.
As a Data Subject (individual) which Yorkshire Children’s Centre process information on behalf of, you have the right to:
- request access to personal data we hold about you;
- request the rectification of personal data we hold about you;
- request erasure of personal data that we hold about you;
- request to object to processing of your personal data;
- request restriction of our processing of your personal data;
- be informed about what data we collect and why;
- request data portability.
You can exercise these rights through the contact details provided on page 1 of this policy or by contacting our Data Protection Officer at DPO@yccuk.org.uk. We will aim to respond to your request within 72 hours of receipt.
If you have any comments or complaints, please let us know so we can assist in any way possible. However, if you are unhappy with our response, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority (Information Commissioners Office (ICO) in the UK – at www.ico.org.uk) should you feel that we have not handled your information in line with legislative and regulatory requirements.