For a list of paid vacancies across the organisation please refer to the job postings below:
Job Vacancy at Yorkshire Children’s Centre
Brian Jackson College is recruiting to fill permanent September vacancies for a Functional Skills Tutor (English & Maths) with additional specialism for delivering Personal and Social Education (up to and including Level 2).
As an expanding college, headed by a highly established and experienced team, the current vacancies are open to promising NQT’s and Teachers with more experience.
Brian Jackson College is an Ofsted “GOOD” school. The SLT have created a strong community atmosphere amongst all staff members and operate an open-door policy always. This is truly a school where the pupils and teachers alike are valued and respected.
Interviews and lesson observations can be arranged immediately.
Base: Immediate start at Huddersfield
Salary: £19,000 – £22,500 per annum depending on experience
Hours: 39 hours per week
Days: Mon – Fri Term Time plus 10 Development Days
Closing Date: 8th October 2018
For more information or an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide high quality teaching and learning for all students who qualify for education at Brian Jackson Campus, as directed by the Head teacher and Centre manager
- The post holder will be expected to undertake duties in line with the professional standards for qualified teachers.
- To teach any student within Brian Jackson College and Brian Jackson Campus.
- To promote students’ confidence and competence in their abilities and to develop in students a desire to learn.
- To plan specific teaching programmes for individual students.
- To provide a stimulating environment and motivate students in the designated learning area.
- To liaise with other agencies as appropriate.
- To prepare reports as necessary for assessing, planning, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating student progress.
- To attend meetings as necessary.
- To maintain attendance and attainment records of all students taught and to keep the student tracker updated weekly.
- To keep abreast of developments in the areas of National Curriculum, teaching and learning and participate in CPD as negotiated with the Head teacher.
- To work collaboratively with staff from other providers and external agencies (as appropriate) and to contribute to the development of improving positive destinations through regular partnership work with the careers advisor.
- To plan for, and direct the work of learning and behaviour support workers.
- To set high standards and expectations for all students including those with specific learning needs.
- To ensure Medium Term Plans and Short Term Planning are available on request and maintained for future reference.
- To assess and record Individual Pupil Progress in accordance with agreed school policy.
- To monitor the progress of all students; recording assessment and reporting progress to parents with; daily phone calls home (when rewarded) and the writing of bi-annual reports.
- To write and maintain (EHCP) Early Health Care Plans and track progress.
- To contribute to the pastoral welfare of pupils as it relates to their holistic needs and case management responsibilities.
- To participate if appropriate in the re-integration of students into school after a prolonged absence
- To ensure that adequate information is provided in the event that ‘cover’ is needed for absence due to sickness or any other cause.
- To support subject development opportunities across the college such as ‘catch-up’ sessions within the Inclusion department.
- To order resources via the administrative staff and ensure these are recorded on an inventory.
- To lead on the displaying of student work and to guide the Learning and Behaviour Support staff to ensure the curriculum is continually and consistently represented through display work.
- To have commitment to safeguarding and promoting the well being of all children in line with school policy and national guidelines.
- Ensure high standards of professional appearance in line with the dress code of Brian Jackson Campus.
- To undertake any other duties as appropriate to the post or which may from time to time be reasonably determined by the Head teacher and/or Curriculum Leader/s and Centre manager