An exciting new partnership of six West Yorkshire voluntary and community organisations has secured a Big Lottery Fund and European Social Fund grant to help individuals from the region’s most socially excluded families. The first programme of its kind in West Yorkshire, ‘Hopeful Families’ will help over 620 individuals who are out of work to build their confidence and overcome the challenges they face in finding employment. The programme will be personally tailored to individual needs and will include help with personal development, health and wellbeing, and to develop life-skills including digital technology.
How Yorkshire Children’s Centre can help your family!
We have 2 Family Mentors who offer 1:1 support with an individual in the family or the family as a whole to help improve their situation, outlook and to encourage a positive example. We do this in a variety of ways such as:
- Help with everyday life skills
- Help build confidence & self-esteem
- Support/advice on health and wellbeing
- Help & support with debt, managing money and housing
- Advice on childcare, parenting and managing behaviour
- Training, work placements & volunteering; developing new skills and preparing for work
- C.V building
- Help to access other services
- Peer support groups
Family Mentors can meet individuals/families at home or at a neutral local venue, for an informal chat to see how we can help. A positive outcome would mean developing an action plan and meeting every week. We cover travel expenses and can fund for emergencies such as clothes, furniture and baby equipment through our Pass It On Shops and other sources.
Single Parents Peer Support Group!
- Support to meet others in similar situation and form friendships
- Play facility for children under 5yrs to enjoy games, crafts and mix with other children
- Take part in positive group discussions around healthy living, wellbeing and self-awareness
- Single parents who are/have experienced mental health, domestic violence, low in confidence, socially excluded or have any other additional needs
- Parents who are unemployed and would benefit from 1:1 support to learn new skills and work towards training or employment
- FREE group with snacks & refreshments
Where & when!
- Brian Jackson House, Huddersfield, Starting Wed 6th September from 10am-12.30 (then every Wed after)
- Jo Cox House, Batley, Starting Thursday 14th September 9.30am-12.30. (then every Thurs after)
Interested in finding or more please contact:
Kelle Myers, Huddersfield Family Mentor, email@example.com 01484 519988 – 07526178179
Angela Hepworth, North Kirklees Family Mentor, firstname.lastname@example.org 01924 479082 – 07526178180