Vulnerable and older adults can receive scheduled visits or phone calls from a certified volunteer friend to reduce loneliness or isolation.
About Community Friends
- The service is available to adults over the age of 18 who may be experiencing isolation and loneliness.
- Adults can be referred by a professional, family or self-refer.
- The aim of the service is to encourage people to be more socially active and to build stronger relationships
- Community Connections volunteers visit / telephone people weekly.
- Our volunteers try to encourage service users to be more socially/physically active where possible.
- Our Volunteers undergo training and are DBS checked.
We’re always in need of more volunteers! If you’re a good listener, enjoy chatting, and have a spare hour in the week, please get in touch. Volunteering is extremely rewarding and makes a huge difference.
Who can access this service?
Adults over the age of 18 who may be experiencing isolation or loneliness can access these services free of charge.
How to access this service:
If you would like to access this service, either for yourself or a friend or family member, simply get in touch with us using the below contact details, and we will send you any relevant application forms.
Our dedicated team will then seek to match the individual with a suitable volunteer as quickly as possible. This can take up to four weeks, depending on the availability of our volunteers.
Please note that these services are provided completely free of charge.
“Having my volunteer befriender has helped me so much. We go for a walk for a couple of hours every Sunday. We have a really good chat as we are walking, it’s great. I have become fitter since I met my volunteer which has helped me in other ways. I feel happier. My befriender is brilliant, he really is a great guy. ”