- Full Name: Nicola Barber
- Job Title: Community Engagement Worker
- Date joined YCC: I joined YCC in September 2021, but I’ve been in my current role for just 3 weeks after a role change!
- Tell us a little about yourself? I love baking! This hobby developed over Covid and I love any opportunity to bake for a special occasion. I also like getting to gym classes when I can (to burn off all the cake!)
- Your role in a nutshell: Always looking for opportunities to promote the Hopeful Families service within the Kirklees community.
- Why do you like working for YCC? It is a friendly and supportive working environment. The flexible working hours are great and make you feel like you have more of a home/work life balance. I also like that the service focuses on the whole family as well as individual needs; ‘Improve lives & Inspire change’, how could you not want to be a part of that. 😊
- What’s one of your favourite work memories? The Jubilee Event for families. It was the first big family event I’ve attended and there was a great atmosphere. I know the team put a lot of hard work into making the day special for everyone attending, so it was lovely to see it being enjoyed.
- And finally, what advice would you give to people considering working at YCC? If the role sounds right for you, then just apply!
- Contact: [email protected] / 07546 307478
Meet the Team: Nicola Barber