At Yorkshire Children’s Centre we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our service users and site visitors. The team here at the Yorkshire Children’s Centre fully understand the importance of keeping your data secure and private.
We have developed this Cookie Notice to inform you of what cookies we use, the information collected using cookies and how this affects you. For further information on how the Yorkshire Children’s Centre process your personal data, please view our relevant Privacy Policies here.
1) WHO WE ARE AND HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US“Yorkshire Children’s Centre” (referred to in this policy as “we”, “us”, “our” or “YCC”) is a trading name of: National Children’s Centre Brian Jackson House New North Parade Huddersfield HD1 5JP Registered Charity Number: 288125 Company number: 176321 ICO Registration Number: Z5459259
2) OUR DATA PROTECTION OFFICERWe have appointed a Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted in the following ways should you have any questions, complaints or feedback about your privacy: Mail: FAO Rob Edden and Bruce & Butler Limited Yorkshire Children’s Centre Brian Jackson House New North Parade Huddersfield HD1 5JP Email: [email protected] Tel: 01484 519988
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device by websites or mobile applications that you visit. Cookies assist with the functionality and personalisation of our website platforms.
There are different types of cookies, some come directly from YCC while others come from third parties which place cookies on our websites.
If a cookie is a session cookie, then it will be active for the period of the session or until you close your browser. If a cookie is a persistent cookie, then it will remain on your computer but will expire on a specific date or after a set period.
• Providing you with the services that you have requested;
• Analysing how you interact with our different website platforms; and
• Analysing how you use our different website platforms which will assist us in identifying any troubleshooting issues and to monitor the websites performance.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. Necessary cookies do not store any personal data that can identify you.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set throughout the site by our advertising partners. Those companies may use them to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They work by uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will still see adverts on other sites, but these adverts won’t be personalised.
HOW DO I CHANGE MY COOKIE SETTINGS?
Cookies can be blocked by declining the setting on the cookie banner, or by using browser controls. If cookies are accepted using the cookie banner message your preference will be set for 30 days, or until you clear your browser cookies using the browser controls detailed below.
Most website browsers allow individuals to control most of the cookies through their browser settings.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:Google Chrome Microsoft Edge Mozilla Firefox Opera
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser’s developer website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
The Data Protection Officer will keep this Cookie Notice under annual review to ensure that if we introduce a new cookie or there is a change to the purpose of a Cookie already in use, we inform you through this Cookie Notice. This Cookie Notice was last updated 17th of January 2022.
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we have administered cookies onto your device or believe that they have been unlawfully administered by contacting the Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), you can do this by clicking here. We would be grateful for the chance to deal with your concerns directly before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.