Vacancy: Children and Family Services Administrator
Hours of Work: 35 hours, Monday to Friday (scope for 4.5 days)
Base: Brian Jackson House, Huddersfield
Closing Date: Tuesday 23rd August – 12 NOON
Interview Date: Thursday 1st September
The primary role of our Children and Families service is to help children and their families to be empowered to achieve strong and healthy family relationships. We are now looking for an experienced Administrator to support the administrative duties of this team, in response to the high level of demand in the Kirklees area.
Administrative support will be focused around our:
• Child Contact service (for parents/carers and children that do not live together to spend time together)
• Domestic Abuse Prevention Programme
With additional support to our:
• Thriving Kirklees Partnership (injury prevention and reduction, Healthy Start, safety in the home)
• Hopeful Families service (supporting and helping individuals seek opportunities into Employment, Education and Training across Kirklees)
• Community Connections (services for vulnerable adults)
The post holder will work collaboratively within the administration team to ensure service users receive the right support and service available to them, as well as providing comprehensive administrative support to the Children and Family Services team to enable the department to run efficiently.
Job Description – Main Activities
• Ensure that all referrals have the correct information, and they are assessed for need
• Creating and maintaining detailed and accurate client files whilst ensuring confidentiality and upholding client data security
• Providing written communication to clients, local judiciary and other professional bodies and ensuring clear and accurate information, advice, or direction is being provided
• Scheduling of client appointments and ensuring that shared calendars are up to date to enable other project workers to carry out their duties effectively
• Liaise with admin manager and relevant staff to ensure schedules are up to date and relevant information handed over to enable continued, seamless support to clients
• Provide first point of call for clients and professionals and ability to provide accurate and effective information and guidance which meets their individual needs.
• Create and maintain effective and efficient administrative processes that provide a supportive base that enables team members to carry out their roles
• Monitor processes and timescales set by the organisation and/or commissioning partners and flag any risks, to ensure they are maintained and achieved
• Implement the agreed petty cash system by monitoring payments from clients, tracking payments received and following up outstanding payments and liaising with finance department on these matters.
• Raising and sending of invoices in a timely manner.
Processes and procedures
• Adhere to stated polices and procedures relating to health and safety
• Maintain and pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role i.e. knowledge around Safeguarding, Data Protection, domestic abuse, parental conflict
Knowledge, training and experience required
• GCSE/Level 2 English and Maths or evidence of a good standard of numeracy and literacy
• RSA 11 word processing or ability to produce work to that standard
• NVQ Level 2 qualification in Business Administration or similar would be desirable
• Experience of using computer packages including word processing, databases, spreadsheets
• Experience of using databases and maintaining monitoring systems
• Data input experience with high level of accuracy
• Administrative experience in a busy office environment
• Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of partners would be desirable
• Experience and knowledge around Safeguarding practices relating to Children and Adults
• Prior experience in working with clients with challenging behaviour, or clients that are seeking access to support services or requiring information and guidance would be desirable
Key personal characteristics
• A passion for working to support children, young people and their families, focusing on safe and positive outcomes
• A team player with a positive, solution focused approach
• Ability to work independently, can take responsibility in identifying or following up requests and enquiries and feeding back accurate information
• Ability to prioritise own workload, and work flexibly to achieve individual and team goals
• Ability to reflect on practice and identify or implement changes to support and improve individual or team efficiency and effectiveness
• Effective communicator, who is able to engage and respond to the needs of a wide range of people e.g. colleagues, clients or members of the public, or professional associates. Has the ability to employ good listening skills, and is tactful and considering of the needs of other when communicating.
• Takes pride in working to high standards and working within a team supportively to achieve collective targets
• Non-judgmental, patient, positive, approachable, organised, efficient.
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please download and complete the following documents that can be found at the top right of this page:
• YCC Candidate Pack – CFS Administrator
• YCC Application Form for Employment
• YCC Convictions, Cautions and Bind-Overs declaration form
Return to [email protected] before the closing date.