Vacancy: Fundraising and Communications Co-ordinator (part time)
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week (permanent role)
Salary: £22,620 actual gross per year
Base: Brian Jackson House, Huddersfield, HD1 5JP
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 15th November 5pm
INTERVIEWS: Tuesday 21st November
YCC is based in Kirklees delivering services across West and South Yorkshire. Our vision is a where children, young people, families and older people achieve their full potential in life. Our work is delivered through 4 themes of activity – Education and Training; Early Intervention and Prevention; Specialist Family Services and Social Enterprise activities.
We aim to ‘Improve lives and Inspire change’ and, through our four strands of work, drive equality of opportunity and social justice forward – empowering individuals to make positive life choices and be the best they can be.
Purpose of the the role – why the role exists and overall responsibility
We are looking for a pro-active and motivated person to join the team as Fundraising and Communications co-ordinator, working for the Head of Income and Partnerships.
You will be responsible for co-ordinating the fundraising and communications activities of YCC and creating and maintaining relationships with supporters.
- Provide support in identifying, researching, and exploring potential prospects.
- Building effective written proposals and delivering strong presentations.
- Support the creation of a calendar of YCC core events and fundraising activities.
- Responding to general fundraising and income generation enquiries.
- Actively promote the work of YCC to internal and external stakeholders.
- Attending networking and other events to promote the work of YCC and gain new support.
- Acknowledge donations appropriately and maintain accurate records.
- Develop and manage content across all YCC social media platforms.
- Writing press releases and responding to media enquiries.
- Support the production of engaging marketing and fundraising materials.
- Responsible for creating and distributing digital monthly YCC newsletter.
- Support with updating the YCC website & YCC Brian Jackson College website, including news, vacancies, and events.
Knowledge, training and experience required
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a fundraising, marketing, communications, or business development role.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, and design software including Canva.
- Experience of creating digital content and managing social media platform communications.
- Ability to produce compelling written content for marketing and funding purposes.
- Ability to work to given deadlines, and prioritise workload.
- Ability to engage and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Key personal characteristics
We would love to hear from you if you are a team player with a positive, solution focused approach, with the ability to work under pressure and with challenging groups.
You must have a creative approach to opportunities and challenges and enjoy working with people, be values driven and able to demonstrate YCC values – caring, inclusive, approachable, empowering, trusted – in working with our people, our partners, and our community.
How to apply
CVs are not accepted as part of the application process. Please ensure you fully complete the application form included in this pack/online. If you have a disability that prevents you from completing the application form, please contact us to discuss how we can support you.
We require details of two referees, one of which must be your current or most recent employer. Please provide their names, email addresses and daytime contact numbers. (See ‘References’ on the important Information page of this Pack).
Please sign the declaration on the final page of the application form. If you are submitting your application electronically, you will be required to sign this page if invited for interview.
Completed application forms should be emailed to us at [email protected] or be posted FAO: HR, Yorkshire Children’s Centre, 2 New North Parade, Brian Jackson House, Huddersfield, HD1 5JP and to arrive no later than 15th November 2023.
Application forms not fully completed with employment or other gaps, questions unanswered or unsigned, will not be considered. As a result, please check your application before submitting.