We are looking for a pro-active and motivated person to join the team as Fundraising and Communications co-ordinator, working for the Head of Income and Partnerships.
You will be responsible for co-ordinating the fundraising and communications activities of YCC and creating and maintaining relationships with supporters.
YCC is based in Kirklees delivering services across West and South Yorkshire. Our vision is a where children, young people, families and older people achieve their full potential in life. Our work is delivered through 4 themes of activity – Education and Training; Early Intervention and Prevention; Specialist Family Services and Social Enterprise activities.
We aim to ‘Improve lives and Inspire change’ and, through our four strands of work, drive equality of opportunity and social justice forward – empowering individuals to make positive life choices and be the best they can be.
About this role
The role will focus on building and diversifying YCC income streams (unrestricted & restricted), developing and increasing income from fundraising activities as well as marketing, brand awareness and continuously raising the profile of YCC. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide support in identifying, researching, and exploring potential prospects
- Building effective written proposals and delivering strong presentations
- Support the creation of a calendar of YCC core events and fundraising activities
- Responding to general fundraising and income generation enquiries
- Actively promote the work of YCC to internal and external stakeholders
- Attending networking and other events to promote the work of YCC and gain new support
- Acknowledge donations appropriately and maintain accurate records
- Develop and manage content across all YCC social media platforms
- Writing press releases and responding to media enquiries
- Support the production of engaging marketing and fundraising materials
- Responsible for creating and distributing digital monthly YCC newsletter
- Support with updating the YCC website & YCC Brian Jackson College website, including news, vacancies, and events
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a fundraising, marketing, communications, or business development role
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, and design software including Canva
- Experience of creating digital content and managing social media platform communications
- Ability to produce compelling written content for marketing and funding purposes
- Ability to work to given deadlines, and prioritise workload
- Ability to engage and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
We would love to hear from you if you are a team player with a positive, solution focused approach, with the ability to work under pressure and with challenging groups.
You must have a creative approach to opportunities and challenges and enjoy working with people, be values driven and able to demonstrate YCC values – caring, inclusive, approachable, empowering, trusted – in working with our people, our partners, and our community.
Interview Date: TBC