We love this time of the month: when we get to shout about our amazing volunteers and the quite literally life changing work that they do to help YCC run smoothly and effectively.
This month we are giving a very special THANK YOU to Sushma Rani, who volunteers as a befriender at YCC.
We caught up with Sushma to hear about her YCC Volunteering Journey…
- Name: Sushma Rani
- How long have you been volunteering for the charity? I started befriending in 2019.
- Please explain your volunteering role in a nutshell: I am a befriender at YCC and speak to the friends I have been matched with on a weekly basis to help prevent isolation
- What made you want to start volunteering with YCC? I became a befriender to be there for someone who is feeling alone
- Tell us a little bit about your role: As a befriender I assist ,comfort, increase sense of belonging and purpose in a friend’s life
- And finally, what advice would you give to people considering volunteering with YCC? Being a befriender gives me great pleasure
If you feel inspired to become a volunteer like Sushma, or if you would like to volunteer in any way for our charity, please contact Lucy on 01484 519988 or email [email protected]